Updated: Nov 21, 2019
Easy Delicious Bourbon Cider
Nothing says fall like apples and fresh herbs. Since November is prime apple season and well, we LOVE cider, we figured it would be neat to combine a few other things that we enjoy! 1. Bourbon. We are a huge fans of a good bourbon. It is often our post dinner sipper- especially if we are at our favourite bar.
2. I love rosemary! If I had to only have one herb for the rest of my life- this would be it. I can't get enough of it when I'm cooking. So I figured why not throw it in a drink?!
Let us know if you try the recipe out and tag us on Instagram.
Do you have a favourite cocktail that can be made with cider? Let us know and we may feature your recipe!
4 oz apple cider (we used Tall, Dark & Handsome)
2 oz bourbon (we used Gentleman Jack)
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
Rosemary sprig (see Pro Tip below for a more intense flavour)
1. Start by combining the cinnamon and sugar together on a plate- we will use this to rim the glass.
2. Run the orange wedge around the edge of your low ball cocktail glass. Set the rim of the glass in the cinnamon and sugar and fill the glass with ice.
3. In a shaker filled with ice, combine the cider and bourbon and stir to combine. Strain into your ice filled glass.
4. Garnish glass with the orange slice and rosemary sprig.
Try roasting your rosemary first! This will bring out a more intense flavour.